- Chicken breasts 4
- Butter 2 tbsp • 717 kcal
- White onion 1 small, diced
- Condensed cream of chicken soup 3 1/2 cups
- Refrigerated biscuits 1 package pre-made
This recipe creates a fantastic comfort food dinner that is perfect for any occasion but particularly delicious in the cold winter months. A few ingredients into a crock pot and dinner will be ready for you in just a few hours! The slow cooker, pre made biscuits and creamy canned soup make this recipe so simple to make- you can easily make it in the morning before work and come home to a hot meal waiting for you! Serve the chicken and dumplings over rice or egg noodles or just enjoy it by itself!
- Clean the chicken breasts, removing the skin if there is any. Then, chop into small pieces about 1 inch thick,
- Add the diced onion, butter and cream of chicken soup to the slow cooker along with the chopped chicken.
- Add 3 cups of water to the slow cooker and stir all of the ingredients together. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Thirty minutes before you are ready to serve the chicken and dumplings, rip the pre made biscuits into small pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker again and cook on high for 30 more minutes. The biscuits will turn slightly golden brown and no longer be doughy when they are fully cooked.
- Serve straight from the slow cooker while hot.
-Add 1 cup of chopped carrots or celery to the slow cooker along with the onions to add some extra vegetables to this dinner. You can also try adding 2 cups of baby spinach to the mix before topping the chicken with the biscuits.
-If you prefer shredded chicken rather than pieces, use two forks to pull the chicken pieces apart once cooked. Mix the shredded pieces into the sauce and then top with the biscuits and cook fro the remaining 30 minutes.