Chocolate pumpkin muffins are a healthy treat and this clever recipe couldn't be easier to make than classic chocolate chip muffins. All you need is a can of pumpkin puree, some chocolate cake mix, and chocolate chips. You can even make this recipe even healthier, skip the chocolate chips and add a handful of nuts instead. Whatever you choose to do, this super simple chocolate pumpkin muffins recipe will yield soft, fluffy, moist muffins with loads of chocolate and pumpkin flavor which is truly a great combination. If you're looking for an effortless recipe for breakfast muffins (that double up as a killer snack!) this chocolate pumpkin muffin recipe is perfect for you!
– Because this recipe is so simple, there are endless ways to customize it. Make your healthy chocolate pumpkin muffins even healthier by swapping the chocolate chips for chopped nuts, dried fruit, or seeds. For a sweeter treat, sprinkle batter with coarse sugar before baking.
– For anyone who loves the cozy flavors of baking spice, add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to your batter.
– The batter will be quite thick, but be careful not to overmix it. Otherwise, you'll get denser muffins.
– To make a gluten-free or vegan version of chocolate pumpkin muffins, simply pick up your preferred gluten-free or vegan chocolate cake mix and follow the recipe. It's that simple!
To keep your muffins perfectly fresh, stash them in an airtight container. They'll keep 2 days at room temperature, up to 1 week in the fridge, or you can freeze chocolate pumpkin muffins for 3 months.
– For best results, place your oven rack in the center of the oven.
– Look for pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix.
– For mini muffins, bake them for 12 minutes.