- Rice flour 1 cup
- Cornstarch 1/4 cup • 338 kcal
- Grated zucchini 1 1/2 cups
- Sunflower oil 1/4 cup
- Sugar 1 cup • 470 kcal
- Eggs 2 large • 130 kcal
- Water 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 3 tbsp
- Chopped semi-sweet chocolate 1/4 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp • 156 kcal
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Chopped walnuts 1/7 cup
- Clove powder
I must admit that the first time I saw a recipe for sweet bread in which zucchini and chocolate mixed, I thought doesn't have a good taste. But then I have not stopped finding versions and more versions, all highlighting their virtues. So, at the end I decided to try it and it is very rich, so I decided to prepare it at home.
Zucchini is an edible plant of the cucurbit family. It has a high-water content (93%) and is rich in minerals, especially in potassium, vitamin C and ß-carotene. It is low in calories and can be prepared in very different ways, so it fits very well to any diet. This zucchini and chocolate bread is perfect for breakfast or snack. It is also a way for children to take vegetables without realizing it, since zucchini gives this bread moisture and juiciness, but not taste.
This easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe is moist, chocolaty, and will remind you of your favorite chocolate cake. You will never know it is made with a vegetable!
The touch of zucchini is very soft, practically no noticeable, and suffice it to say that it has been those things that end almost overnight.
For this recipe it is essential to have a pancake; a rectangular mold of 8 inches by 4 inches is ideal.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease the mold with butter.
- In a small bowl mix the oil and sugar; add the eggs. Then add the zucchini, water and vanilla. Mix well. In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and essences.
- Integrate all ingredients and stir to blend well. Then add the cocoa and chocolate.
- Mix and place in mold. Bake until you insert a toothpick into the bread and leave clean (it will take approximately one hour).
- Let it cool, unmold and serve.