- Whole Kernel Corn 1 can, drained
- Cream-style corn 1 can
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Sugar 1 tsp • 470 kcal
- Cornmeal 2 tbsp
- Whole Milk 1/4 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup • 717 kcal
- Shredded cheddar 1 cup
- Chives 1/4 cup
- Egg 1 large • 130 kcal
This truly is the most delicious stuff! A bit like a cross between corn souffle and a slightly sweet corn pudding! Try it, I know you will love the ease of preparation and especially the taste. Everyone always wants the recipe!
This dish is so simple and versatile. Trust me… you won’t be able to mess it up! We could make this corn casserole any time and it’d be delicious. An irresistibly delicious side dish.
- Preheat the oven at 300F.
- Wash and finely chop the chives.
- Mix the cornstarch with the milk, check that there are no lumps.
- In a large mixing bowl incorporate: corn, corn in cream, sour cream, sugar, butter, cheddar cheese, milk and egg beaten. Mix vigorously with a spoon until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, when ready, it will have a firm consistency in the center and will be golden brown.
Add the chives to garnish and serve.
If you would like to make your own fried onions for this recipe, that’s a great way to make it even more fancy! Thinly slice two onions and then toss with 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs. Place the coated onions on a sheet tray lined with foil and spray them with olive oil cooking spray. Bake in a 450 ̊F oven for about 20 minutes or until they are nice and crispy. Use your homemade fried onions for your casserole!