- For the crust
- Biscuits 270 gr
- Melted butter 100 gr
- For the filling
- Cream Cheese 525 gr
- Icing sugar 187 gr
- Peanut butter 250 gr
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
- For chocolate ganache
- Heavy Cream 160 ml
- Dark Chocolate 125 gr
Creamy no-bake cheesecake is an easy, sweet and fluffy dessert to make at home. It’s dense and springy with a no-bake cookie crust made with your favorite biscuits and a shiny and smooth chocolate ganache topping. The cheesecake itself gets tang and creminess from cream cheese, vanilla extract and light powdered sugar.
The key to cooking a cheesecake without baking it is to use your fridge instead of the oven. After you make the cookie crust and fluffy cheesecake filling, layer on a smooth coating of simple chocolate ganache. Then, keep everything in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up and turn into the perfectly slicable dessert everyone loves.
- Biscuits make the base of your no-bake crust. Choose a sweet biscuit.
- Melted butter helps bind the biscuits together so your crust stays compact and firm.
- Cream cheese is essential for the cheesecake filling. Use room-temperature cream cheese and be sure it’s full-fat.
- Icing sugar is light and powdery enough not to weigh down your cheesecake or make it grainy-textured.
- Peanut butter brings big-time nutty flavor to this dessert recipe.
- Vanilla extract adds a warming note to the filling.
- Heavy cream is just enough liquid to help the filling come together without weighing it down.
- To top off your creamy cheesecake, make a quick chocolate ganache with dark chocolate and heavy cream.
How Do You Make No Bake Cheesecake From Scratch
Start by making the crust. Blend biscuits and melted butter in a food processor until sand-like in texture.
Ress the cookie crust into a sprinform pan and pack down with a spoon. Chill in the fridge while you continue with the recipe.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and confectioners sugar with a whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, and blend again until smooth. Add heavy cream and blend. Then pour the cheesecake filling into the pan with the prepared crust. Smooth it out with a spatula. Chill for 6 hours in the fridge.
In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream and pieces of chocolate unilt the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Cover the cheesecake with the chocoalte mixture. Chill in the pan for another hour, then unmold and slice the no-bake cheesecake.
What's Difference Between Baked And No Bake Cheesecake
Baked, or New York-style cheesecake has a custardy filling that usually contains eggs. It’s baked in a bain marie or a hot water bath and must be chilled for hour, usually overnight, before serving to set up.
- Choose a biscuit that you love to make the crust! Oreos, graham crackers are both classic options for no-bake cookie crusts.
- Be sure to let the cheesecake set fully before you unmold the cake or start slicing
- Use a springform pan for best results. It allows you to remove the outer ring without disrupting the bottom crust on the cake.
Why Is My No-bake Cheesecake Runny?
If you find that your cheesecake is runny, pop it into the freezer or fridge to firm up.
Do You Bake The Crust Of A Cheesecake First?
It’s not necessary to bake the crust of your cheesecake first. This curst is made with two simple ingredients: biscuits and melted butter, so there’s nothing that needs to be cooked to be safe for eating.
How To Thicken No-bake Cheesecake Filling
If you find that your cheesecake filling is very soft and runny, you can add a simple slurry of one tablespoon cornstarch to thicken up the filling. However, usually resting the ingredients in the fridge or freezer also helps your cake thicken up on its own.
How Long Does A No-bake Cheesecake Take To The Set
Leave the fully made cheesecake in the fridge for at least one hour. It may need longer to set completely, however. It can stay int he fridge up to overnight.
How To Store
You can freeze no-bake cheesecake for up to three months, covered. Or, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.