Garlic chicken is a quick and easy chicken recipe you'll love. Crispy and golden brown on the outside, chicken is juicy, tender and moist on the inside. To make this garlic chicken recipe just cut the cleaned chicken into large pieces, season and cook in a skillet with the crushed garlic cloves to prepare a flavorful comfort food. Ready in 45 minutes, this delicious recipe pairs perfectly with any carb-based dishes such as bread, pasta, rice or even a salad bowl if you're looking for a light side.
This garlic chicken recipe calls for simple pantry ingredients everyone has.
Whole chicken — be sure to clean the chicken before cutting it. Using smaller pieces will save you time and make the cooking more even.
Garlic —garlic cloves are the secret to make this recipe flavorful.
White wine and chicken broth — white wine and chicken broth give a fresh and slightly creamier twist to the dish.
Herbs, salt and pepper — add flavor to your garlic chicken dish, using salt, pepper and your favorite herbs.
Making garlic chicken is easier than you may think. Start by cleaning and cutting chicken into equal-sized pieces, then cook them in a skillet and set aside. Add the garlic cloves in the same skillet together with white wine and chicken broth to give a delicious twist to the dish. Finally, stir in the chicken pieces, herbs, salt and pepper for seasoning.
– You can use just chicken breast or thighs if you prefer. Otherwise, use skinless and boneless chicken pieces cut into small cubes.
– To thicken the sauce, add cornstarch slurry. To prepare your own cornstarch slurry, add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to 1 tablespoon of water and mix it until the cornstarch dissolves well and there are no lumps.
– Customize this recipe as you want. You can make a rich dish using garlic butter sauce instead of just garlic cloves. On the other hand, you can add cheese or heavy cream if you're looking for a creamy garlic chicken.
– For a spicy flavor, try an Indian-style garlic chicken recipe by adding curry, chili and yogurt for the creaminess.
– For your garlic chicken, use dry white wine like Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc or Pinot Grigio. If you don't have white wine on hand, you can replace it with a rosé wine not too sweet or leave it out by increasing the amount of chicken broth.
– Smashing the garlic cloves releases a very strong flavor, so cook the chicken with the garlic cloves whole if you prefer a milder dish.
You can store garlic chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 4 months.
Clean and trim the chicken well. Cut chicken into medium and large pieces of equal size with a sharp knife. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt over the chicken pieces and rub it nicely all over. Cover and keep aside.
Smash the garlic cloves slightly.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium flame. Add the chicken pieces and sear until golden brown. Flip all the chicken pieces and sear another side until golden brown.
Transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl and add the garlic cloves to the same skillet in which you cooked the chicken pieces. Cook garlic until golden brown.
Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and let it boil.
Add the chicken pieces, white wine and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook the chicken on medium heat while stirring intermittently until 20 minutes or until the chicken cooks thoroughly.
Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper powder. Stir and sprinkle the scallion greens and parsley over the skillet. Serve and enjoy!
Replace olive oil with any vegetable oil.
You can also use other herbs like rosemary or bay leaves.
Nutritional information (per serving): 277 Calories, 16.3g Total fat (4.2g Saturated fat, 3g Polyunsaturated fat, 8.5g Monounsaturated fat), 81.7mg Cholesterol, 595mg Sodium, 459.8mg Potassium, 3g Total carbohydrates (0.2g Dietary fiber, 0.5g Sugars), 26.9g Protein