- Chicken Wings 3 lbs
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Lemon pepper seasoning 1 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Parsley 2 tbsp
- Salt 2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Pepper 1 1/2 tsp
- bicarbonate of soda 3/4 tsp
- Vegetable Oil
- Butter melted 1/4 cup
Whether served as an appetizer or as the main dish, lemon pepper wings an easy, outrageously tasty way to enjoy chicken wings. These crispy fried wings get their finger-licking flavor from a generous dose of lemon butter sauce that will have everyone clamoring for seconds. Make this for a game day get-together or serve it with veggies as the main event during the week. We guarantee this simple, quick recipe will blow your friends and family away!
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings Sauce
You can make a simple lemon pepper wings sauce by picking up lemon pepper seasoning from the store and mixing it with melted butter. It's a great time-saver that tastes amazing.
Tips for Making the Best Lemon Pepper Wings
– Choose an oil with a high smoke point. Corn, canola, sunflower, and peanut oil are a few fantastic options.
– It's important that your oil is hot enough before you start cooking your wings. A thermometer comes in handy here. The oil should read about 350 to 375°. If you don't have a thermometer, drop a little bit of flour into the oil. It should bubble up immediately. However, you don't want your oil too hot either. If it's too hot, the wings won't cook evenly and may end up overdone on the outside but not cook through inside.
– While they taste delicious on their own, you can also serve your lemon pepper wings with a dip. Try buffalo, ranch, or honey mustard. Or try serving the wings with slices of lemon and freshly chopped parsley.
How to Make Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
While fried lemon pepper wings are phenomenal, you can make this recipe healthier by baking your chicken wings instead. They will be just as delicious and oh-so tender and moist on the inside, and crispy on the outside.
To make baked lemon pepper wings, preheat your oven to 425° and bake the wings for about 40 to 45 minutes. When they're ready, remove the wings from the oven and brush with the lemon pepper butter. Serve hot and sprinkle them with a little parsley.
What to Serve with Lemon Pepper Wings
You can tuck into a plate of lemon pepper wings on their own, or you can serve them over potatoes and a side of roasted veggies to turn these wings from a party appetizer to a hearty dinner.
Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and baking soda in a large bowl. Dredge the wings through the flour.
In a large pot, heat about 4 to 5 inches of oil. Place the wings in the hot oil, about 6 to 8 at a time. Fry for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until the wings are crispy and turn golden brown. Set on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat until all the wings are cooked.
While the wings are frying, mix the butter and lemon pepper seasoning. Brush the wings with the butter mixture using a pastry brush. Garnish with parsley and enjoy while hot.