- Sugar 2 cups • 470 kcal
- Dark cocoa powder 1/4 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup • 49 kcal
- Butter 1/2 cup • 717 kcal
- Vanilla 2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Peanut butter 1/2 cup
- Oats 3 cups
While I love making cookies, there are times that I wish that I didn't have to turn on the oven to make a great batch of tasty treats. This recipe is the perfect solution! The cookies are made by cooking sugar, cocoa powder, milk and butter and pouring it onto oats and peanut butter. A quick stir and the cookies are practically done! Not only are these cookies so easy to make but they are also mouth wateringly good. Oats, peanut butter and dark chocolate are a combination made in heaven.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats and peanut butter. Set the bowl aside for now.
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar and dark cocoa powder together. Make sure there are no lumps of cocoa.
- Add the milk, butter, vanilla and salt to the saucepan and set over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and set a timer for 1 1/2 minutes. Boil the mixture for exactly 1 1/2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the bowl with the oats and peanut butter. Mix everything together to form a nice batter.
- Drop the cookie batter by the spoonful onto a silpat or parchment lined sheet tray. Allow the cookies to set at room temperature or place them in the fridge to cool them quickly. Serve immediately!
-If you would like to add a little extra texture to these cookies, use chunky peanut butter rather than smooth
-Although it is tempting, don't guess at how long you are cooking the cocoa mixture- use the timer! If you under cook the mix, the cookies will be very soft and not harden. Over cooking will cause them to crumble very easily.