- Rice noodles 125 gr
- Vegetable Oil 2 tbsps (preferably soy)
- Firm tofu 75 gr, diced
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced
- Shrimp 4 giant, peeled and clean
- Brown sugar 2 tbsps
- Fish sauce 2 tbsps
- Tamarind sauce 2 tbsps
- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- Chile powder to taste (optional)
- Soy germ 100 gr
- Chives 1 tbsp, cut into 2-centimeter pieces
- Peanuts 25 grams toasted and chopped
- Persian lemon 1/2 (optional)
If we talk about the most famous and known fast food of Thai cuisine for both locals and foreigners, the answer is the same, no doubt the Pad Thai, consists of a plate of fried rice noodles or sauteed "Pad" Thai style.
We suppose that it is a dish with influences of the Chinese kitchen, that has undergone after some time modifications in its ingredients so that its flavor is more of the taste of Thais, becoming nowadays the symbol of the national food of Thailand.
In Thailand there are many versions of Pad Thai depending on the area of the country where they are prepared, since different ingredients can be used to give it its characteristic flavor.
- Put the rice noodles to soak in water at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cut the chives into pieces about 2 centimeters, cut the tofu into small pieces, peel the prawns leaving the end of the tail.
- In a frying pan with a little vegetable oil we fry the prawns and when they are almost cooked we reserve them for later.