These Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect no-bake dessert recipe to have in your repertoire. Who doesn’t love the combination and peanut butter?! It’s rich and fudgy in flavor, while the texture is smooth and creamy. There is a thick layer of sugary peanut butter, with another thick layer of chocolate and peanut butter. If you love peanut butter cups, then you’ll love these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars. To make them you simply mix together the filling ingredients, add the chocolate topping, and refrigerate! And to make it, you don’t even need fancy ingredients… peanut butter, sugar, chocolate, and graham crackers! Serve them as a dessert, or pack them in for lunch boxes, they’re easy to eat on the go!
Peanut butter – Because you want the base to be smooth and uniform, you’ll want to use smooth peanut butter. If you only have crunchy peanut butter, you can still use it, but the smooth variety will give you the best results!
Powdered sugar – The powdered sugar binds the peanut butter and graham crackers together. It must be powdered sugar (also known as confectioners’ sugar), as granulated sugar won’t function in the same way.
Chocolate chips – Use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. If you want yours to be extra sweet, use white chocolate chips.
Graham crackers – These graham crackers are crushed to provide the bars with some texture. Crush them with a rolling pin or use a food blender. You can even use other cookies or biscuits. For an extra chocolatey flavor, use Oreos.
First, crush the graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Then these crumbs are mixed with powdered sugar, melted butter, and peanut butter. This mixture is pressed into a brownie tin, topped with melted chocolate, and refrigerated until the mixture is set. Slice into bars and serve!
– If you don’t like graham crackers, or can’t find it in-store, use any other biscuit, Oreos or shortbread cookies will work great.
– Use an 8×8-inch brownie tin for best results.
– Don’t forget to line your baking tin with parchment paper.
– Melt the chocolate chips using the microwave—microwave in short 30-second bursts, stirring in-between.
– To make a baked version with oats, mix together ¾ cup butter, 1 ½ cup sugar, 2 large eggs, ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 2 ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, and 2 cups oats. Bake at 375°F for 17 minutes, follow by the chocolate topping.
– You can also use peanut butter frosting for the filling.
– These peanut butter bars can be made ahead of time and frozen.
– For a healthy keto version, mix together ¾ cup almond flour, ¼ cup Swerve sweetener, 12 oz butter, ½ cup peanut butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. For the chocolate topping, mix 3 oz melted sugar-free chocolate and 2 tbsp butter.
These bars will keep well in an airtight container for up to a week if you keep them in a fridge. The bars can also be frozen. Wrap them in plastic wrap, then another layer of aluminum foil.
Mix crushed graham crackers with butter and powdered sugar.
Use a mixer to blend well.
Add the peanut butter and mix again.
Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with kitchen paper.
Mix chocolate chips and more peanut butter. Microwave until melted.
Pour on top of the cookie mix and refrigerate for an hour.
Cut into squares to serve.
Use a large knife (non-serrated knife) for a nice, clean-cut. If the bars are too soft, allow them to chill longer in the fridge.