- Peanut butter cup ice cream 1/2 gallon
- Oreo Cookies 2 cups, crumbled
- Melted butter 1/4 cup
What is better than an ice cream crunch cake? A peanut butter cup ice cream crunch cake that you can make at home is a few easy steps! Making a delicious cake has never been so easy. You don’t even need a celebratory reason to make this cake, just throw it together any day of the week for a sweet treat. While this recipe uses peanut butter cup ice cream to compliment the chocolaty center crunch, you can use just about any type of ice cream you'd like. Try layering two different flavors of ice cream as well- the possibilities are endless but the result will always be a delicious frozen crunch cake!
Spread half of the ice cream on the bottom of an eight inch spring form cake pan. Try to spread it evenly however you don't want the ice cream to melt so work quickly! Once smooth, place the pan in the freezer for an hour.
In a small bowl combine the oreo cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Mix to combine.
Remove the cake pan from the freezer and spread the oreo crumb mixture on top of the ice cream, again working quickly to prevent the ice cream from melting. Place the pan back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Spread the remaining ice cream on top of the cookie layer and cover with plastic wrap. Place the cake back in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until very firm.
Using a knife, go around the edges of the pan to separate it from the ice cream. Unlock and remove the ring of the spring form pan and smooth the sides with the knife or a spatula if needed.
Flip upside down on a plate or tray and remove the bottom of the pan to reveal a nice smooth top. Serve immediately!
- Write on the top of the cake with melted chocolate if you are serving it for an occasion!
- If you do not like oreos or prefer a non-chocolate crunch center, try substituting graham cracker crumbs
- If you do not have a spring form pan, a regular cake pan will do. Simply line it with plastic wrap before putting the ice cream in the pan which will make the cake easier to remove once frozen.