- Pizza dough 100 gr
- Refined flour 1 tbsp
- Pizza sauce 2 tbsps
- Mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup, roughly grated
- Pepperoni or spiced salami, 8 slices
- Full fat milk 1 tsp
- Dried mixed herbs 1 tsp
This pepperoni Stromboli recipe is so easy to prepare yet very fancy looking that your family can very well call it a bakery brought food! Be warned, preparing this recipe may result in some household feuds as the consumer will never believe it you be your creation!! In fact, this recipe will actually give you a clear picture of how much your family actually trusts your cooking skills…
Trust me, you won’t find much simpler and easier finger licking good snack preparation anywhere that tastes absolutely like the ones sold in fancy baking shops. Add a few finely chopped vegetables to the recipe to increase the nutritional quotient of this pepperoni stromboli recipe.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking tray with an aluminum foil.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with refined flour and roll the dough in to a thick rectangular sheet of about ½ inch height.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the rolled dough leaving about ½ inch of space from all sides.
- Layer half of the cheese evenly over the sauce layer followed by the pepperoni slices. Evenly layer the pepperoni all over the cheese layer.
- Now, add the remaining cheese all over the pepperoni to cover it entirely.
- Fold one side of the dough towards inside, one layer over another and pinch the sides of the dough nicely.
- After this, fold the second open side of the dough over the folded dough layer so that no filling comes out while you are turning the filling covered dough layers.
- Seal the dough from all the ends by pinching the dough layers very nicely together.
- Now, very carefully flip the entire dough upside down so that the upper side turns to the bottom of the foil by pulling the foil in one direction and rotating the dough roll in the opposite direction.
- Brush the top exposed area of the dough with the milk and evenly sprinkle the dried mixed herbs all over it.
- Transfer the baking tray to preheated oven and bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes or until the dough turn light brown in color.
- Turn off the oven and let the stromboli sit inside the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Slice the stromboli, serve and enjoy!
- You may add ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder over the second cheese layer to increase the spiciness of the dish.
- You may also place about 4 fresh basil leaves on the pepperoni slices to add the herby taste.
- This preparation can be enjoyed both as a snack or a side dish along with a healthy salad or a filling soup.
Nutritional information (per serving): 136 Calories, 8.8g Total fat (3.9g Saturated fat, 0.4g Polyunsaturated fat, 3g Monounsaturated fat), 24.1mg Cholesterol, 414.8mg Sodium, 46.6mg Potassium, 7.8g Total carbohydrates (1.2g Dietary fiber, 0.9g Sugars), 6.4g Protein