- soybean oil ½ tablespoon
- Chicken thighs 250g boneless and skinless , cut into 1” thick cubes
- Salt 2 pinch • 1 kcal
- Black pepper powder 2 pinch
- Red bell pepper ½ large , cubed
- Pineapple juice ¾ cup
- Soy sauce 1½ tablespoons
- Brown sugar 1½ tablespoons
- Hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon
- Garlic 2 cloves, peeled and minced
- Green chili pepper ½ , thinly sliced
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon mixed in 1 teaspoon of water • 338 kcal
- Pineapple 1 cup fresh , cubed
- Cashews 2 tablespoons , optional
- greens of spring onion 1 tablespoon , thinly sliced
Relish this sweet and savory chicken dish with such delectable taste and flavors. You can serve this with either plain boiled rice as a main dish or simply enjoy it as a snack. In short, this is the quickest oriental preparation that you can depend upon to impress some unexpected guests.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the chicken cubes to it. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Sauté the chicken on medium flame until it starts to ooze out juices and slightly cooked.
Add the red bell pepper to the chicken and cook everything for another 2 minutes.
Add the juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic, pineapple cubes, and green chili to the pan and cook everything for 2 more minutes.
Add the cornstarch slurry to the pan and cook everything whiling stirring until the liquid boil for 2 minutes or until the gravy thickens. Add cashews (optional) and cook everything on simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot with sliced green onions and enjoy!
Add some more juice to make a thick sauce, if serving this dish with rice. You can also dry up the entire gravy if serving this dish as a snack.
Nutritional information (per serving): 162 Calories, 4.5g Total fat (0.9g Saturated fat, 1.5g Polyunsaturated fat, 1g Monounsaturated fat), 52mg Cholesterol, 536.6mg Sodium, 310.9mg Potassium, 18.7g Total carbohydrates (1g Dietary fiber, 12.7g Sugars), 13.3g Protein