- Cream Cheese 1 pound
- Cheddar Cheese 1 1/2 cups
- White onion 3 tbsp diced
- Red hot sauce 1 tbsp
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Minced jalapeno 1 tsp
A perfect recipe just in time for fall! Not only is this appetizer delicious but it makes a fantastic centerpiece or decoration for any fall themed tables. Serve it at Halloween, thanksgiving or anytime you need a festive, tasty dish. Cream cheese, hot sauce, cheese and spices is all it takes to make this dip. The cheese dip is then decorated by shaping it into a pumpkin, coating in cheddar cheese and topping with the stem of a pepper. It all comes together so beautifully and so easily that anyone can make this dip! You will become a pro in making pumpkin cheese balls because after making it once, everyone will be requesting that you do it again!
- Soften the cream cheese and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese to a mixer with a paddle attachment along with the soft cream cheese. Cream the two ingredients together until very soften. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the cream cheese has been combined
- Add the chopped onions, jalapeno, cumin and hot sauce to the mixer and blend.
- Place the cream cheese onto a piece of plastic wrap and wrap tightly, forming a ball. Shape gently into a pumpkin shape inside of the plastic wrap then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the stem off of a pepper.
- Remove the cream cheese ball from the fridge, unwrap and coat it in the remaining grated cheddar cheese. Place on a serving dish and serve with your choice of chips!
-Rather than coating the outside in cheese, you can also used crushed Doritos or other orange colored chips to make the orange crust.
– Use the back of a knife to indent vertical lines into the pumpkin for an even more realistic pumpkin look.