Don't prepare simple cookies more, try to make these beautiful one.
Ingredients: ¾ cup unsalted butter; 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar; 1 tsp pure vanilla extract; Pinch of salt; 3 egg yolks; 2 ½ cups cake flour; Food colors; Sprinkles; Egg wash: 1 egg white & 1 teaspoon water.
1)Soften the butter and vanilla until creamy like mayonnaise without lumps.
2)Mix in confectioners' sugar.
3) Stir in vanilla, salt, and egg yolks.
4) Fold in cake flour.
5) Transfer to clean working surface and knead.
6)Make rainbow color dough. (the portion of each color is explained in the video.)
7) Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
8) Roll out red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet cookie dough. The thickness of each cookie dough sheet should be adjusted to the size of your cookie cutter.
9) Pile up six rainbow sheets brushing egg wash between the sheets. And let set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
10) Slice the rainbow sheet. The width should be smaller than the height of your cookie cutter.
11) Turn each rainbow cookie dough brick, so that you can see the rainbow layers. And make rainbow hearts with a heart cookie cutter. And let set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
12) Pile up the rainbow hearts applying egg wash as a glue between the hearts. And freeze for 1 hour.
13) Now carefully cover the rainbow heart cookie roll with small pieces of vanilla dough and make a cylinder. And let set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
14) Brush the dough with egg wash and roll in the bed of rainbow sprinkles.
15) Slice the dough and let set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then bake for 10-11 minutes at 335 F. (170 C.), or until light brown.
16) The well-baked cookies should taste like delicious French sable cookies since I used the same ingredients with my other sable cookies.
17) Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack and completely cool.