- Cauliflower 1 large
- Vegetable Oil 1/4 cup
- Garlic 4-5 cloves, minced
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Minced chives 3 tbsps
- Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup grated
- Breadcrumbs 1/4 cup
- Fresh coriander 1 tbsp
If you've never thought about roasting the cauliflower instead of cooking it, read on! The roasted cauliflower is prepared with a simple recipe, has a more intense flavor, few calories and you can serve it alone or as a garnish of other dishes.
The mini format can be found more and more easily, but a cauliflower of normal size can also be used without problems, considering that it will take a little longer in the oven. This way of cooking is a tribute to the cauliflower, respecting its shape and texture, and we can salute it with the spices to our liking.
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, wash, drain and cut the stem.
- Carefully, without breaking the cauliflower, wash well between the branches to remove any traces of soil or worms.
- In a large deep pan, put 4 cups of water plus a tablespoon of salt. When it is boiling, put the cauliflower for 15 minutes. If you like crunchy cauliflower, skip this step.
- Mix the garlic, paprika, oregano, vegetable oil with salt and pepper. With the aid of a brush spread a little of the previous preparation on the cauliflower to make it even.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper or on a silicone mat. Pour a little of the vegetable oil and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Five minutes before removing, cover with parmesan and breadcrumbs and gratin. Remove and let stand before cutting into slices. Garnish with fresh coriander.