- Corn grains with water 1 can
- Corn cream 2 cups
- Cheddar Cheese 2 cups
- Cornstarch 1/4 cup • 338 kcal
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Chile 1 tbsp
- Jalapenos to taste
- Salt • 1 kcal
The spicy hot corn consists basically of a sauce or soup made with the pulp and the milky residue of the corn itself. And although many people only know the canned version, there is nothing more fun than doing it from scratch. From ripping the corn husk to processing the last mixture in the bowl, the only thing better to make creamy corn is the spicy creamy corn you get!
I love adding strips of jalapeno peppers to the mix. Spicy hot corn is super easy to prepare. I like to do it in my pressure cooker, especially since I usually serve it as an accompaniment in big events and festivities; And to be honest, using the pressure cooker does not involve great complications and the food is amazing.
Fill the pot with all the ingredients and leave it in a corner of the counter for a few hours, and you will be free to cook the rest of your dishes without having to worry about the corn. It's that easy. Give this spicy hot corn recipe a try at your next celebration. It will not disappoint you!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the corn in grains, the corn cream, a cup of grated cheese, the crushed garlic, the cornstarch, the sour cream, the spicy and the salt in a mixing bowl. Stir vigorously. If you do not want to find whole corn kernels, you can use the food processor, mix until the corn is pureed. You can also use the blender.
- Pour half of the corn mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. In our case, we use individual molds for pastiche.
- Add a layer of cheese with the cup of grated cheese. Add the rest of the corn mixture and cover with more cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes. It can be served directly as well. Or if you want the gratin version with more cheese, add a little more grated cheese on top and grill in the oven until the cheese is melted and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the hot corn cake accompanied by the meat of your choice.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 427 % Daily Value* Total Fat 31.3g 40% Saturated Fat 19.5g 98% Cholesterol 85mg 28% Sodium 555mg 24% Total Carbohydrate 21.2g 8% Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4% Total Sugars 2.1g Protein 17.4g