For a perfect lunch you just need a perfect end, this dessert is the right choice.
Ingredients: 1 chocolate sponge cake; 15 strawberries; 250 gr mascarpone cheese; 50 gr sugar; 60 ml fresh cream (to whip); vanilla. For topping: 300 gr strawberries; 50 gr sugar.
1) Prepare a simple chocolate sponge cake;
2) Cover a large bowl with plastic wrap;
3) Cut the strawberries and put them around the bowl;
4) In another bowl combine together mascarpone cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla.
5) Fill the bowl with strawberries and let it cool for 4 hours;
6) Make a circle with the cake and use it as base. Turn upside down the strawberry part.
7) Topping: blend together strawberries and sugar;
8) Heat up a ladle and make an hole on cake's top;
9) Pour the topping and enjoy this dessert.
But if you want other ideas to prepare strawberry dessert you can try this too: Strawberry filled chocolate cake
Ingredients: 120 g (4 oz) sugar; 150 g (5.2 oz) butter, softened; 3 eggs; 150 g (5.2 oz) flour; 1 tsp baking powder; 60 g (2 oz) cocoa powder; 2 cups cream cheese frosting; fresh strawberries.
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/350F. Grease a loaf pan with a little bit of butter.
2) Mix softened butter with sugar until pale. Add eggs one by one while whisking constantly.
3) Combine leftover dry ingredients separately. Mix dry ingredients with eggs and butter and stir until smooth batter forms.
4) Transfer the batter into a loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes and leave to cool down completely.
5) Cut the top of the cake off and carefully remove the insides, making kind of a cake bowl.
6) Fill the cake with half of the cream cheese frosting, put whole berries inside and top with leftover cream. Add chopped strawberries on top.