- Grated zucchini 2 cups
- Sugar 2 1/4 cups • 470 kcal
- Eggs 3 • 130 kcal
- Vegetable Oil 1 cup
- Vanilla 1 tbsp
- Flour 3 cups
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Baking powder 1 tsp • 156 kcal
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg 1/4 tsp
Zucchini bread is an easy and quick bread recipe you can enjoy at breakfast during summer season. It's the perfect excuse to use up all those fresh zucchini that you have in your garden and to add extra healthy vegetables to your diet. This homemade zucchini bread is so soft, moist, and flavorful that you will ask for another slice, it's sure. The recipe is also very easy to prepare, you just need two cups of grated zucchini to make two delicious loaves to share with your family and friends. Perfect even as a healthy dessert or snack, you can make the best zucchini bread in a few steps and customize it as you want.
How to make Zucchini Bread
Making this healthy zucchini bread is easier than you may think, and you don't even need a mixer. Start by grating zucchini into a large bowl, you should get 2 cups from one medium sized zucchini. In another bowl, whisk sugar, vanilla, oil and eggs, then add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Now it's time to fold the zucchini into the batter, and don't worry about its juice, it will make the bread nice and moist. Next, grease two loaf pans, pour in the batter and bake it for 45 minutes. Wait until the bread is cool before removing and slicing this ultra-moist loaf.
Should I peel Zucchini for Bread?
It's important to wash the zucchini and cut the edges before making the recipe, but you don't have to peel them, the loaf will be green and soft enough.
Tips for making the Best Zucchini Bread
– You don't have to squeeze zucchini before folding them to the batter because it will be very moist.
– Don't overmix the batter or it will sink in the middle.
– You can also use frozen grated zucchini if you don't have fresh ones on hand.
– Coconut oil is a healthy substitute for vegetable oil in this recipe and gives the bread a great extra tropical flavor.
– You can make also zucchini bread muffins: pour the batter into a prepared muffin pan and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then low to 350°F and cook for 15 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown. Use a toothpick to check if your muffins are ready before eating.
– It's also possible to make a vegan version of zucchini bread, just skip eggs or use the flax ones, and add vegetable milk to enhance the flavor.
– Make healthy zucchini bread by skipping sugar and replacing 1/2 cup of oil with apple sauce.
Zucchini Bread Variations
You can customize this zucchini bread recipe as you want. Add a cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a more decadent bread, or chopped nuts, or raisins if you prefer a lighter dish.
Try also savory zucchini bread by replacing sugar with salt and adding tasty ingredients such as cheddar, green onions, and even bacon.
How to store Zucchini Bread
Cover and store your zucchini bread cake on the counter, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for 1 week. You can also freeze this recipe for up to 3 months, just wrap the loaf and thaw it overnight.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl. One medium sized zucchini should give you about 2 cups of grated zucchini.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, vanilla, oil and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mix and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Fold the zucchini into the batter until fully combined. You do not need to squeeze the juice out of the zucchini like in some recipes- the juice will make the bread nice and moist!
- Pour the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes in a 350 ̊F oven.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan before removing and slicing!