- Zucchini 1 large, peeled and roughly grated
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup, coarsely grated
- Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
- Refined flour 2 tbsps
- Red onion 1/2 large, finely chopped
- Basil leaves 4 fresh, finely chopped
- Dried oregano 1/2 tsp
- Egg 1 medium • 130 kcal
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 1/2 cup
Try out this amazing dish to relish the nutritive benefits of mighty healthy zucchini. A good source of vitamin C, zucchini is very low in calories and has very mild flavors of itself, which makes it very convenient to use. Just choose the herbs correctly and you can stir up a delicious zucchini preparation yourself!
Zucchini patties can be enjoyed as a great snack alternative to the unhealthy crisps and sugary beverages. To make the recipe healthier you may bake the zucchini batter dollops on a butter paper lined baking tray and bake it until the patties turn golden brown on all sides.
- Grate the zucchini in a bowl. Now, squeeze out the excess water from the grated zucchini.
- Transfer the squeezed and grated zucchini in to a large bowl.
- Add the cheese, bread crumbs, flour, onion, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper powder, and egg to the zucchini.
- Mix everything well until evenly combined. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Make small even sized patties of the zucchini mixture.
- Cook the patties on both sides until golden brown in color and crisp in texture. S
- Serve the hot zucchini patties with the dip of your choice and enjoy!
- The onions should be chopped really fine and there should not be any big piece of onion bit added to the zucchini mixture, else the cutlet might break open while cooking in the pan.
- Crack open the egg very carefully in to the mixture so that no piece of shell is added to the mixture.
- If you are not too sure of breaking it open perfectly directly in to the mixture then you may consider breaking the egg open in to another bowl first and then transferring it to the zucchini mixture.
- You may even prepare this recipe until step 2 up to a day in advance and then resume from step 3 before you plan to serve.
- If you do so just not add salt to the recipe until you start to prepare it.
Nutritional information (per serving): 124 Calories, 4.5g Total fat (2.3g Saturated fat, 0.4g Polyunsaturated fat, 0.3g Monounsaturated fat), 32.9mg Cholesterol, 288.1mg Sodium, 282.5mg Potassium, 12.6g Total carbohydrates (2g Dietary fiber, 2.7g Sugars), 8.3g Protein