- Salted butter 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar 3/4 cup
- Eggs 2 large • 130 kcal
- Full fat milk 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Large bananas 2 overripe, peeled
- Refined flour 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Butter 1/2 tsp, for greasing the baking dish • 717 kcal
Banana bread is the classic recipe that comes to our mind when we have overripe bananas in the kitchen. Surprise your loved ones with this super moist banana bread recipe! Your family will enjoy this healthy cake for breakfast or as a snack.
To make the best banana bread recipe in an easy way, choose the ripest bananas, so you will get a very moist and soft cake.
How to mash bananas
Use a fork to mash bananas if you don't have a potato masher or an electric mixer. Take some overripe bananas, peel them and put them in a bowl. Mash them into a pulp with the fork.
How to store and freeze banana bread
You can store the cake in a food bag in a cool, dry place up to 3 days. You can freeze the slices of banana bread wrapped in aluminum foil or in 2/3 layers of plastic wrap. When you want to eat it, you can thaw it one night before. It will be ready for breakfast.
SALTED BUTTER 3 tbsp
POWDERED SUGAR 3/4 cup
EGGS 2 large
FULL FAT MILK 1/2 cup
VANILLA EXTRACT 1 tsp
LARGE BANANAS 2 ripened, peeled
REFINED FLOUR 1 1/2 cup
BAKING SODA 1 tsp
BUTTER 1/2 tsp, for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat the oven at 200°C and grease the loaf pan with butter.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with an electric mixer or a fork. In another one, beat sugar with softned butter until the texture is fluffy and then stir in the eggs in one direction. Add milk and vanilla whisking well.
- Add mashed bananas into the egg mixture. Sift flour and baking soda, then stir them into the bowl. Slowly combine everything until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake the banana bread in preheated oven at 175°C for about 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center: if it comes out clean, the banana bread is ready. Slice and enjoy!
- Loaf pan: it is possible to line the loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil instead of greasing it.
- Banana bread muffins: you may use a muffin tin as alternative to prepare delicious banana bread muffins.
- Substitutions: you may replace vanilla extract with vanilla essence a well. If required, you may use low fat milk instead of full fat milk.
- Tips on preparation: make sure there are no broken egg shells in the mixture. Slowly stir in the ingredients in just one direction. If it is too annoying, you may sieve the flour and the baking soda separately into another bowl and then transfer this mixture into the batter.
- Additions: you can add some banana chunks and chocolate chips to get a better flavor.