- Salted butter 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar 3/4 cup
- Eggs 2 large • 130 kcal
- Full fat milk 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Large bananas 2 ripened, peeled
- Refined flour 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Butter 1/2 tsp, for greasing the baking dish • 717 kcal
Surprise your loved ones on the breakfast table with this super easy to prepare banana bread recipe! We are sure the kids in your family would love to enjoy a healthy treat early in the morning for breakfast or as a snack in the evening hours of the day.
The best part about the recipe is that your family is nourishing themselves from the goodness of fruit in this tasty treat!
Nutritional information (per serving): 227 Calories, 6.4g Total fat (3.5g Saturated fat, 0.5g Polyunsaturated fat, 1.6g Monounsaturated fat), 59.8mg Cholesterol, 213.3mg Sodium, 189.4mg Potassium, 37.9g Total carbohydrates (1.5g Dietary fiber, 15.3g Sugars), 4.9g Protein
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C and prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing ½ teaspoon of butter inside the baking dish.
- Roughly break the bananas into a bowl and mash them roughly using back of a fork so that you have a few chunks of banana present.
- Beat the sugar with butter in a large bowl with a ladle or a spatula, until the mixture is light and fluffy in texture.
- Break the eggs into a bowl carefully so that they do not have any bit of egg shells in it.
- Add the eggs to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Whisk the mixture again while moving your hands in one direction until the mixture is smooth and frothy in consistency.
- Add the milk and vanilla to the mixture and again beat the mixture for about a minute.
- Add the mashed bananas into the egg mixture.
- Put the flour and baking soda in to a sieve and then lightly sieve the flour over the banana.
- Now, lightly mix all the ingredients together in one direction until the ingredients are just combined.
- Transfer the batter in to the prepared baking dish and bake the banana bread in oven at 175 degrees C for about 20 minutes or until the cake cooks at the center.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Instead of greasing the baking dish you may alternatively line the baking dish with a butter paper or aluminum foil.
- You may also use electric blender to blend the ingredients instead of using a ladle or a spatula.
- Move your hands or gadgets in one direction only while mixing the ingredients.
- Make sure there are no egg shells present along with the broken whole eggs.
- You may replace vanilla extract with vanilla essence a well in similar quantities.
- If required, you may use low fat milk instead of full fat milk.
- In case you are not fond of biting into banana bits in your baked goodies, you may mash the banana all way through to get an evenly mashed banana before you use it in the recipe.
- If you find sieving the flour directly over the batter a bit cumbersome then you may sieve the flour and baking soda separately in to another bowl and then transfer the sieved flour mixture in to the batter.
- Do not over mix the cake batter.