- Milk 1 1/4 cups • 49 kcal
- Sugar 2/3 cup • 470 kcal
- Eggs 3 • 130 kcal
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Flour 1 cup
- Fresh blueberries 2 cups
This gorgeous dessert highlights the delicious taste of ripe blueberries and is easily made in a matter of minutes. Without having numerous steps to follow, you will have a picturesque dessert in no time! If you have never made a clafoutis before, be prepared to be impressed by its easy and, of course, amazing flavor. Fresh blueberries are baked into a sweet batter then simple scooped and served to you and your impressed guests.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1/3 cup of sugar and the 1 cup of flour. Mix until the flour and sugar are evenly dispersed.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and salt to the mixer and beat the batter for about a minute
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter into a greased baking dish that has about a 1 1/2 inch high side. Place the baking dish on the burner of your stove and turn the burner on to low heat. After about a minute or two, the batter should be slightly firm on the bottom. Remove from the stove.
- Place the fresh blueberries into the pan and pour the remaining batter over the top of the berries. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining 1/3 cup sugar
- Bake the clafoutis in a 350 ̊F oven for about 50 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown and puffed up. A knife inserted into the center should also come out cleanly.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
-This recipe works fantastically with blackberries and raspberries as well. You can even try a mixed berry clafoutis for a nice blend of colors and flavor
-Use individual ramekins rather than one large baking dish for a perfect sized dessert- a great way to end a fancy dinner!