- Baby Portobello mushrooms 1 pound
- Crab meat 6 ounces, cleaned and shredded
- Dried thyme 1/4 tsp
- Oregano 1/4 tsp
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise 1/3 cup
- Paprika 1/4 tsp
An amazingly simple recipe for a great appetizer that everyone will love! The filling for the mushrooms quickly comes together in one bowl and with only about a 15 minute baking time, these little snacks will be ready to eat in no time. Although you may be tempted by price to get imitation crab meat, always try to opt for the real thing! As crab meat is one of the primary ingredients in this recipe, you will really notice the difference between the real thing and the fake stuff. You can also try different types of mushrooms for your recipe, just look for varieties that will hold a good amount of filling but not be bigger than one or two bites.
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a towel. You want to avoid rinsing the mushrooms as they will absorb the water- just rubbing any dirt off will work perfectly.
- Pull the stems and gills out of the mushroom using a small spoon. You can discard the stems or save them for another recipe. Set the mushrooms in an ungreased baking pan and set aside for now.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the crabmeat, thyme, oregano and pepper.
Add the mayonnaise and the parmesan cheese to the mix. And stir to combine thoroughly.
Using a small spoon, scoop the filling into the mushrooms and sprinkle the tops with paprika and a little extra parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 350 ̊F oven for about 15 minutes or until the tops begin to turn a nice golden brown. Serve while hot!
-Make these crab stuffed mushrooms a little spicy by using red pepper flakes rather than ground black pepper in the recipe.
-If you would like to add a little extra crunch, sprinkle the tops of the mushrooms with panko breadcrumbs before baking.