- Cabbage 1 (curly or any other)
- Bacon 200 gr
- Cloves Garlic 2
- Virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- Green bell pepper 1
- Sweet paprika 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Salt • 1 kcal
Cabbage is bought for the size of its head but most cooks do not use it all for a crushed or baked salad. With this simple recipe you can fry the rest of the cabbage and make a delicious dish.
It is a beautiful dish with many colors and full of flavor. Easy to make recipe and today I’m going to show you all how to make the world’s best fried cabbage and bacon.
With this easy recipe I want to recommend a different way to prepare the cabbage.
This elaboration can be used to accompany many of your dishes, whether meat or fish, although it can also be a very good starter. I usually use as a garnish, and it is a different and very healthy accompaniment.
The recipe as you can see is very simple, you only have to take into account some small tips, like that you remove it often enough, so that it does not burn the cabbage, and the most important uses a casserole with lid.
The usual thing is that you accompany it with bacon, but you can always give it your touch and change it for cooked ham or even turkey breast, according to your personal choice, however the processing does not change.
- Wash the cabbage very well and remove the stem with a sharp knife. Cut the cabbage into small pieces, about two inches.
- Put the cabbage in a large pot with plenty of salt water and cook the cabbage until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash the pepper, cut it with a knife and remove the seeds and white parts and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut into small pieces. Peel the garlic and mash.
- Cut the bacon into small squares.
- In a large hot pan without oil, place the bacon, garlic and onions. Cook until tender. Add oil, paprika, salt, black pepper and cabbage.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes more.
- You can add two tablespoons of soy sauce and toasted sesame (optional).