- Digestive biscuits 150 g (1 1/2 cups)
- unsalted butter, melted 60 g (1/4 cup)
- full-fat cream cheese, room temperature 400 g (2 cups)
- Lemon zest 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 80 ml (1/3 cup)
- Condensed milk 400 g (1 3/4 cups)
- Water 1 tbsp
- gelatin powder, leave to soak for 5 minutes then heat in microwave until gelatin is fully dissolved 4 g (1 1/2 tsp)
- homemade lemon curd 145 g (1/2 cup)
- Eggs 2 • 130 kcal
- Egg yolks 3
- Granulated sugar 200 g (1 cup)
- Lemon zest 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 190 ml (3/4 cup)
- unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes 75 g (1/3 cup)
Summer is not a time where you want to be stuck behind a hot stove, so this Lemon Cheesecake is perfect for the season! It’s an easy, no-bake dessert recipe. The flavor is tart and lemony, and the texture is smooth and creamy. The simple base is made from digestive biscuits and butter, while the no-bake filling is made with condensed milk, cream cheese, and gelatin. Topping it with homemade lemon curd, just gives it that final touch of zest that you need! It has the perfect balance between sweet and tart. You'll fall in love with this lemon cheesecake!
How to make Lemon Cheesecake
This no-bake cheesecake is quick to prepare. First a biscuit base is made with crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter. It’s added to a springform cake tin and placed in the refrigerator. In the meanwhile, the filling is made by whisking together cream cheese, lemon zest and the remaining ingredients. It’s added to the base and left to set in the fridge.
The lemon curd is then prepared and left to cool down. Once the lemon curd is spread over the cheesecake, it’s topped with whipped cream.
Tips for Homemade Lemon Cheesecake
– Use vanilla wafers as a base instead of digestive biscuits.
– For best results, use Philadelphia cream cheese. You can also use mascarpone cheese in place of the cream cheese.
– Make a baked version by blending 500g cream cheese, 1 cup caster sugar, 4 eggs, grated lemon zest, juice from one lemon, and 400g mascarpone. Pour onto the base and bake for one hour.
– Make this no-bake lemon cheesecake into small “bars”. Follow the recipe, but instead of a round springform cake tin, use a rectangular tin, and once the cheesecake has been set, slice it in bars.
– To make a vegan version, use vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, coconut cream, and gelatin (or lemon jelly) in place of the lemon curd.
– To make this lemon cheesecake keto, use a keto-friendly sugar replacer for the filling. Make the crust with coconut flour, almond flour, and butter and bake until golden.
How To Store Lemon Cheesecake
Keep the cheesecake in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Add the digestive biscuits to a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
Pour the biscuit mixture into a cake tin, spread the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In the meanwhile, prepare the gelatin. Now prepare the cream. Whisk the cream cheese, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, condensed milk and mix, then add the prepared gelatin.
Pour the cream into the mold, over the biscuit and leave in the fridge overnight.
Prepare a lemon curd: Foam the eggs with sugar, then add the lemon peel and juice.
Put all the ingredients in a pan and cook over low heat until a thick homogeneous mixture is obtained. Then remove the mixture from the heat, add the butter and mix. Cover with transparencies and allow to cool, after which the lemon curd can be refrigerated.
Spread the Lemon Cheesecake with lemon curd and top with whipped cream.
This recipe works best with full-fat cream cheese! You can also use store-bought crust.