- Active Dry Yeast 1/2 ounce
- Warm water 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar 2 tbsp • 470 kcal
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Salt 2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Flour 3 1/2 cups
Making your own pizza at home is a fun meal the whole family can prepare together. While choosing toppings might sound like the easy part, making the pizza dough is not hard either! Pizza dough from scratch also has such a great, fresh flavor that you will definitely notice and appreciate. It is worth the effort to make your own dough for sure! This recipe is the perfect balance of a sweet and salty dough that will compliment any pizza toppings you choose.
- Pour the water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the yeast and sugar and mix briefly.
- Let the yeast mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes until the yeast is nice and foamy.
- Add the olive oil, salt and flour to the bowl and mix with a dough hook attachment until a nice dough forms. If the dough is looking wet, add a little more flour, about 1/8 of a cup at a time until a smooth dough forms.
- Let the dough mix for about 8 minutes. The dough should be soft and smooth and pull away easily from the wall of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that has been greased with olive oil. Cover the bowl and place in a warm area for an hour and a half. The dough should double in size during this time.
- Punch down the dough and roll out to the desired shape and thickness of your pizza crust. Move to a pizza stone or sheet tray and add your favorite pizza toppings!
– This dough is very versatile so if you like thin, crispy crust pizza, simply roll the dough out very thinly. Keep the dough nice and thick for a more bready pizza crust.
– Roll the dough into a square shape then cover with olive oil and garlic. Cut into strips and bake to make great breadsticks.