- Boneless beef 500 grs
- Olive oil 4 tbsps
- Onion 1 medium
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Red pepper 1/2
- Tomato pasta 1/2 cup
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander chopped 2 tbsps
- Fresh thyme 1 branch
- Red wine 1 cup
- Chicken broth 1 cup
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Bay leaf 1
- Water 2 cups
- Carrot 1 large
- Salt to taste • 1 kcal
- Black pepper to taste
The recipe for pot roast (American roast) is a classic and traditional American meal. Surely the recipe came to the US with the French and then with the Germans, hundreds of years ago. We could compare the importance of this dish with that of the stews in Spain. The pot roast is the typical winter dish and it is delicious.
Pot roast (American roast beef) is a homemade dish that our mothers know how to make, full of love and comfort. The pot roast recipe results in a substantial and perfect dish to take during the fall or winter. Cooked slowly, the meat releases the juice that the vegetables absorb, leaving us with a super tasty dish. The smell of fresh herbs will give your home a cozy atmosphere during the cold days. Besides being very rich, this pot roast recipe is simple and easy.
- Clean the meat and remove any excess fat. Cut into cubes about half an inch, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the olive oil in a pot or large pot, all the preparation will be done in this pot. Then, you must use one in which you can incorporate all the ingredients and even remove them easily. Heat over high heat, sauté the meat until it is well browned on all sides (use more oil if required).
- Chop the onion, carrot and garlic in small pieces and sauté in a pot with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the broth, tomato paste and two cups of water. Stir with a spoon, then add the cumin, coriander, thyme and bay leaf.
- Put the mixture in the pot with the meat, when breaking the boil, cover and lower the heat. The cooking time depends on the quality of the meat, if it is very hard you can use a pressure cooker, monitor the liquid and replenish the water if necessary, or let it shrink if you notice that it is very watery.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them roughly the same size as the meat (maybe a little bit bigger).
- When the meat is almost at its point, add the wine, add the potatoes to the pot, rectify the salt and cook another 15 or 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 6 Amount per serving Calories 565 % Daily Value* Total Fat 44.8g 57% Saturated Fat 16.5g 83% Cholesterol 71mg 24% Sodium 240mg 10% Total Carbohydrate 17.3g 6% Dietary Fiber 3g 11% Total Sugars 3.1g Protein 16.1g Vitamin D 0mcg 0% Calcium 51mg 4% Iron 3mg 17% Potassium 438mg 9%