This rainbow cheesecake looks very impressive, but you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make! It’s a quick dessert recipe that will not only taste delicious, it also scores high on presentation. The cheesecake is inspired by the beautiful colors of the rainbow, and the texture is smooth and creamy. And while it looks fancy, you don’t need any special ingredients. Chocolate chip cookies and butter are used for the base, and cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla are used for the filling. Having a birthday party soon? Then make sure to add this cake to your recipe list! This Rainbow Cake will be a hit if you’re having a unicorn-themed party.
To make the base for this Rainbow Cheesecake, you’ll need to combine crushed chocolate chip cookies with melted butter. This crumb is then pressed into a springform cake tin and left in the fridge to chill and firm up.
In the meantime, the filling is made by whisking the filling ingredients together. The filling is divided equally between different bowls, and each is colored with various food coloring. The fillings are added into the cake tin, alternating the different colors. Once all the filling is added, it’s baked until cooked.
– To make a no-bake version you can use jelly. Mix bloomed gelatin with cream cheese, condensed milk, whipping cream and white chocolate. Divide this filling and proceed with the recipe by adding the different colors.
– To make sure you get even layers, pour the colored filing into the center of the cake.
– Make Rainbow Cheesecake Cupcakes by pouring the filling into miniature springform tins.
– Make a Rice Krispy cereal crust for the Rainbow Cheesecake as an alternative to the chocolate chip cookies. Simply mix ½ stick butter, 10 ox marshmallows (melted), and 6 cups Rice Krispies.
– Make a vegan rainbow cheesecake in a few simple steps. Mix crushed almonds with medjool dates (softened) to make the crust. Make the filling blend together 2 cups soaked raw cashews, ¾ cup coconut cream, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/3 cup coconut butter.
Store leftover cheesecake in the fridge for up to 3 days. When stored in the freezer, it lasts up to 2 months.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Cover 20 cm/8-inch baking pan with parchment. To make the crumbs, crush the chocolate chip cookies into crumbs.
Mix crumbs with butter and stir until smooth.
Form a crust in the prepared pan cover the bottom and sides (½ way up). Allow to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
In the meanwhile, make a cheesecake filling by whisking cream cheese sugar, egg and egg yolks together.
Divide the cheese mixture into batches and color each one: 300 g (10 oz) – red, 250 g (8.8 oz) – orange, 250 g (8.8 oz) – yellow, 200 g (7 oz) – green, 130 g (4.5) – blue, 100 g (3.5 oz) – purple, 70 g (2.4 oz) – pink.
Pour cheese batter right in the center of the crust starting with red and finishing with pink.
Optionally make some decorative stripes on the surface using toothpick.
Cover the bottom of the pan with foil and place it into a deep baking pan. Cover with boiling water about halfway up and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Let cool down completely. Run knife dipped in hot water on the sides of the cake. Remove from the pan and slice.
You can serve the Rainbow Cheesecake with dollops of whipped cream. Alternatively, you can serve it with a fruit sauce.