- Salted butter 2 tbsps
- Garlic 6 cloves, finely grated
- Red onion 1/2 large, diced
- Button mushrooms 1 1/2 cups, cubed
- White wine 2 tbsps (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
This Italian or continental style sautéed mushroom preparation is ‘oh… so light’ yet very filling! You may enjoy them as a part of your healthy breakfast meal or a light snack. Either way, you will end up swooning over the herby flavors for the better part of the day.
You may replace the butter with extra virgin olive oil to give a healthier twist to this aromatic preparation. Though, you might need to adjust the seasonings if you switch the salted butter with monounsaturated fatty acids rich extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the butter in a pan until it starts to melt.
- Add the red onions and garlic to the melted butter and cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion turns light pink in color.
- Stir in the cubed button mushrooms and sauté it for about 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 1 minute.
- Drizzle the white wine to the mushrooms and give it a stir.
- Sprinkle finely chopped basil leaves, salt, and black pepper powder to the mushrooms.
- Give everything a quick stir and cook for about 20 to 30 seconds more.
- Transfer to the serving dish and enjoy!
- Clean your mushrooms really well before you start using it for the cooking purpose.
- You may replace red onions with spring onions as well. Add the greens of the spring onion in the last one minute of the cooking process. Stir everything for a minute and enjoy!
- Adding wine is absolutely optional, you might want to skip adding alcohol for the morning preparation.
- You may replace fresh basil leaves with fresh parsley in equal quantity as well.
Nutritional information (per serving): 155 Calories, 11.9g Total fat (7.4g Saturated fat, 0.6g Polyunsaturated fat, 3g Monounsaturated fat), 31mg Cholesterol, 378.3mg Sodium, 303.3mg Potassium, 8.8g Total carbohydrates (2g Dietary fiber, 2.9g Sugars), 2.9g Protein