- Strawberries 500 g (3.5 cups)
- Condensed milk 200 g (0.65 cup)
- Whipped cream 200 ml (0.8 cup)
Is there any other dessert that screams spring or summer like ice cream? This strawberry ice cream is just what you need this season—it’s fresh, sweet, and delicious! It’s a popular and classic ice cream recipe that is rich in strawberry flavor, with a super creamy texture. This fruity recipe doesn’t include any eggs and involves no cooking, which makes it quick and easy to prepare. You don’t even need an ice cream maker. Simply whip up all the ingredients and pour them into a container. Once frozen, you will have a yummy dessert that will cool you off and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients
Strawberries – make sure you use the freshest, fully ripened strawberries you can find. These will be sweeter and will make for a more flavorful ice cream. So, make sure the ones you buy are pink-red and have no white or green bits.
Whipping cream – for the creamiest ice cream, look for full-fat cream.
Condensed milk – the sugar in condensed milk helps that the ice cream stays creamy during the freezing process without becoming too icy. Sugar influences ice crystal formation in ice cream.
How To Make Strawberry Ice Cream
First, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the condensed milk, and whisk again. Stir in the strawberries, pour into a container, and freeze. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for making Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
– Unlike other strawberry ice cream recipes, this recipe contains no eggs or whole milk, but condensed milk, which makes for a smooth ice cream. Usually, recipes that include eggs and whole milk needs to be made with an ice cream maker, to prevent iciness. You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this Strawberry Ice Cream. But if you want, you can still use it to make a smoother ice cream.
– You can use frozen strawberries if you don’t have fresh ones. For a smoother ice cream, you can puree the strawberries in a food blender.
– This recipe can be made with other fruits too! Try blackberries, raspberries, or even peaches!
– If your ice cream mixture is looking a bit pale, add a few drops of red food coloring!
How to store Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Homemade Strawberry Ice cream won't last as long as the store-bought kind, as the texture becomes icy once thawed and refrozen. Store it for a maximum of one week in the freezer.
Dice the strawberries.
Add the condensed milk to the whipped cream and whisk.
Add the chopped strawberries, mix with a spatula.
Pour the ice cream into a plastic container.
Sprinkle a few more chopped strawberries on top. Freeze for 5 hours and serve.
If you don’t have condensed milk, you can also whisk together 2 cups milk, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup white sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Make in an ice cream maker.