- Walnut Halves 1/2 cup
- Plain Yogurt 1/2 cup thick
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Lime zest 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Red apple 1 medium, unpeeled and cubed
- Stick 1 celery, thinly sliced with leaves
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Green lettuce leaves 2 large fresh
Enjoy a rather large helping of this absolutely delicious classic salad recipe to fill you up with very healthy nutrients. This recipe has an abundance of PUFA, which is the nutrient with many benefits as it works as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-hypertensive, anticancer, anti-aging, and prevents cardiovascular problems.
Apart from a truck load of health benefits this recipe of Waldorf salad is super easy to prepare and can also be prepared a day in advance. So, give your loved ones a delicious surprise while nourishing them with super healthy nutrients!
Nutritional information (per serving): 442 Calories, 30.3g Total fat (3.4g Saturated fat, 14.3g Polyunsaturated fat, 2.7g Monounsaturated fat), 3.8mg Cholesterol, 133.9mg Sodium, 473.3mg Potassium, 38.4g Total carbohydrates (5.2g Dietary fiber, 29.8g Sugars), 11.7g Protein
- Put walnut halves in a microwave safe dish and microwave the nuts for about 1 minute. Alternatively, you may bake the nuts in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool the nuts to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, add yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, honey, lime zest, and black pepper powder in a large bowl. Mix all these ingredients until well blended.
- Add apple cubes, celery slices, and raisins in to the mayonnaise mixture. Again mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Cover the salad bowl and chill the salad for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in walnut halves in to the chilled salad and chill again for about 15 minutes at least.
- Serve on cleaned and dried lettuce leaves and enjoy!
- Make sure you mix all the ingredients well to coat the apple cubes and celery slices nicely with the salad dressing.
- Make sure you chill the salad at least for 20 to 25 minutes before stirring in the walnuts.
- This salad tastes best when served chilled. So, you may prepare it even a day before and let it chill over night before serving the next day.
- If you are running short of time, you may chill half of your ingredients for about 10 minutes in the freezer before preparing the salad. You may easily chill apples, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise, and raisins.
- You must pick good quality apples for this recipe as the recipe requires unpeeled apple cubes. In case you prefer to peel off the apple skin, you may add halved red grapes or red cherries to add color to this delicious salad.
- If you like, roughly tear the lettuce leaves in to medium size pieces and add to the salad instead of serving the salad atop fresh lettuce leaves.
You may also replace green lettuce with fresh red lettuce leaves.