- Chocolate chips 400g (2 2/3 cups)
- chocolate frosting
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudge are the perfect bites for those days when you want something sweet. This easy no-bake dessert is rich in chocolate flavor, with just the right amount of tartness from the strawberries. And boy, do they look pretty too! The ripe strawberries add a pop of color to the dark-brown fudge. If you’re looking for something to serve (or perhaps a gift?) on a romantic special occasion, this Chocolate Strawberry Fudge should be on the top of your list. You need only three ingredients to make it (chocolate chips, frosting, and strawberries) and it’s a simple mix and pour recipe. Planning to spoil that someone special? Then make sure you whip up a batch of these!
How to make Chocolate Strawberry Fudge
To make Chocolate Strawberry Fudge, you only need three ingredients: chocolate frosting, chocolate chips, and fresh strawberries. First melt the chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Add the chocolate frosting and whisk together. Pour into a baking tin, and press the strawberries into the fudge, making sure there’s an equal distance between them.
- Use white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate, and vanilla frosting instead of chocolate frosting. Proceed with the recipe as normal.
- Use dried cranberries or freeze-dried strawberries instead of fresh strawberries. The tartness of the fruit will taste awesome with the sweetness of the chocolate.
- You can also use boxed cake mix and make a cake or brownies with strawberries inside.
- Make a healthier version by melting together ½ cup coconut oil, ¾ cup cacao powder, ¾ cup almond butter, and 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- Have a can of condensed milk that needs to be used up? Make chocolate fudge with it! Simply melt together 2 cups chocolate chips with a 14 oz can of condensed milk.
- Orange: Add extracts like vanilla extract or orange extract for extra flavor. Orange zest will also add taste and texture.
To make sure that your fudge doesn’t stick. Grease the pan, and line with aluminum foil. The fudge will be easy to remove and clean up will be a breeze!
If you want something that’s not so sweet, use dark chocolate chips.
This recipe will not work with evaporated milk, since it does not contain the same amount of sugar, the fudge won’t set.
How to Store Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fudge
Store the Strawberry Fudge in the fridge. They’re not suitable for freezing, as the fresh strawberries won’t hold up well.
Place chocolate chips and chocolate frosting in a large bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
Mix well and pour into a tray.
Push several strawberries into the mixture and chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
Cut into squares, going around the strawberries.
To melt the chocolate chips, set the microwave at 70% power, and microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between. You can add a dash of salt, which brings helps to balance out the sweetness.