- Vegetable Oil 1-quart, for deep-frying
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups
- White sugar 1 tablespoon • 392 kcal
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons • 156 kcal
- Salt ½ teaspoon • 1 kcal
- Milk 2/3 cup • 49 kcal
- Eggs 2, beaten • 130 kcal
- Vegetable Oil 1 tablespoon
- Apples 3 cups - peeled, cored and chopped • 45 kcal
- cinnamon sugar 1 cup (1 cup granulated sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder)
These all-American style apple fritters are just like mom used to make! Sweet apples are combined with eggs and flour, then deep fried to make light and fluffy fritters. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over at the end for a tasty topping.
These crisp little fritters are quick and easy to make, and are sure to be a hit with all the family.
Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or heavy-duty deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Pour in the milk, eggs and oil and stir until well blended.
Mix in apples until they are evenly distributed.
Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden on both sides, which should take about 5 minutes depending on the size.
Remove from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Toss with cinnamon sugar while still warm. Serve on their own or with some whipped cream or yogurt.
– Don’t put too many fritters into the hot oil at once, or it will cool the oil down and they may end up soggy and take longer to cook.
– Make your own cinnamon sugar using more or less cinnamon to taste.
4.9 g fat
17.4 g carbohydrates
1.6 g protein
16 mg cholesterol
98 mg sodium