A soft and delicious dessert with a delicate caramel flavor, you’ll want to try this version of it now!
Ingredients: 3 eggs; 250g sugar; 300g flour; 1/2 cup of milk; 1/2 cup vegetable oil; 16g baking powder; 2 apples.
1) Remove the apple’s core and then slice it.
2) Make the batter by beating the eggs together with the sugar, add the flour, milk, oil and baking powder.
3) Butter a cake pan and cover with brown sugar, add the apple slices over the brown sugar and then pour in the cake batter.
4) Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes. We suggest checking the center of the cake with a toothpick to make sure it is ready to remove from the oven.
5) Serve warm topped with some caramel.
Tips: If you don’t have an apple corer, use a sterilized syringe instead. it’s a quick, easy and cheap alternative!
Other delicious apple dessert: Apple Rose Cake
Ingredients: 2 apples; lemon juice; 1 tsp brown sugar. For the batter: 3 eggs; a pinch of salt; lemon zest; 300g flour; 200g sugar; 8g baking powder; 125g yogurt.
1) Thinly slice the apples. Pour the lemon juice and sugar over them and microwave them for 3 minutes. They should be soft and flexible enough to be rolled up and not break.
2) Prepare the batter by beating together the eggs and sugar, then add the yogurt, lemon zest, flour and baking powder.
3) Pour the batter into a 24cm cake pan and place the roses ( use 7 slices of apple to make each rose) on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds.
4) Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes.