- Russet potatoes 4 medium
- Olive oil 4 tsp
- Kosher Salt 2 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp • 717 kcal
- Sour cream 6 tbsp
- Chopped chives 1/4 cup
Baked potatoes are a great side dish and can also be transformed into a full meal. Our recipe will outline how to make a perfect baked potato that is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. While sour cream and chives are a very traditional (and tasty) topping, you can add almost anything to your baked potato. Cheese and bacon crumbles are two toppings that can help make your baked potato into a complete dinner. Whatever you top it with, you will love this recipe for its ease and wonderful flavor!
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes to make sure there is no dirt on the outside skin (they are grown underground you know!)
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the potato. This will help the potato cook all the way through.
- Place each potato on a piece of foil and pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil on each. Rub the potato with the olive oil and then rub the salt on the potato skins as well.
- Wrap the potatoes in the foil and place on a sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 350 ̊F oven. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly before unwrapping.
- Slice each potato in half and, if desired, fluff the inside with a fork. You can also leave the potato inside the skin without fluffing and simply proceed to adding the toppings.
- Top the baked potato with butter, sour cream and the chopped chives. Enjoy while hot!
-You can bake the potatoes up to 3 days in advance. Reheat in the microwave when you are ready to eat them and then add the toppings.
-You do not need to wrap the potatoes individually in the foil but can bake them on a sheet tray if you would like. Wrapping the potatoes in the foil will help keep some moisture in and help them bake more evenly however, baking them on a sheet tray will work fine.