- Bananas 3 ripes
- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- Vanilla 1/2 tsp
- Whole Milk 1/3 cup
- Sugar 1 cup • 470 kcal
- Flour 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Chocolate chips 1/4 cup
These banana chocolate chip muffins are quick to make and are a delicious breakfast or snack for you and your family! Full of banana flavor and sweetened with delicious chocolate chips, you really can't go wrong with this recipe. Try adding pecans or walnuts to the batter for an extra crunch! The best part is, this delicious treat is very low in calories making it easy to eat more than one. If you have bananas that are beginning to be over ripe, peel and freeze them. When you are ready to make these muffins, simply take the bananas out of the freezer and you are ready to go!
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mash the bananas.
- Add the sugar, egg, milk and vanilla to the mixer and blend together
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix into the batter
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix by hand to combine.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin tray with paper muffin liners.
- Bake in a 350 ̊F oven for about 20 minutes or until the center of the muffins spring back to the touch and is no longer liquid.
-This recipe also makes a fantastic banana chocolate chip bread. Use a greased loaf pan rather than a muffin tray and bake the bread for about one hour. You can also make mini muffins by simply using a mini muffin tray and baking for only about 10 minutes.
-Walnuts and pecans are a perfect addition to this recipe. Add about 1/2 cup of either nut along with the chocolate chips.