- Flour 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Beef stew meat 2 pounds
- Garlic 1 clove, diced
- Worcestershire Sauce 1 tbsp
- White onion 1 medium, diced
- Red bliss potatoes 2, diced
- Celery 1 stalk, chopped
- Carrots 4, sliced
- Beef broth 2 cups
- Water 2 cups
This classic beef stew prepared with beef, onion, carrots and red bliss potatoes is a perfect dish when it begins to get cold and a hot soup is frequently craved.
This soup is full of vegetables and is very hearty- it is definitely a full meal in a bowl! The best part of this recipe is that it is completely made in a slow cooker. Cook pot cooking is extremely easy and produces wonderful results- there is no better way to cook this beef stew!
By slow cooking for several hours, the broth has time to develop layers of flavor and the tough beef becomes very tender. Throw this recipe together next time you need a nourishing and substantial meal in a hurry.
How to make Beef Stew
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
Place the cubed beef stew meat into the bowl of a slow cooker crock pot
Add the flour mix to the slow cooker and toss to fully coat all of the meat.
Place the diced garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery and Worcestershire sauce into the bowl of the slow cooker along with the meat.
Add the beef broth and water and stir everything together briefly.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve the beef stew while hot or refrigerate for up to a week.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the salt, the flour, and pepper;
- Place meat in slow cooker;
- Add the flour mixture and cover over the bottom of the meat;
- Place the diced garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery and Worcestershire sauce into the bowl with the meat;
- Add the beef broth and water and stir it into the gravy;
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours;
- Serve the beef stew while hot or refrigerate for up to a week.
-This soup freezes wonderfully. Make a large batch (as much as your slow cooker can handle!) and freeze half of the soup. Simply microwave it to reheat anytime you need a quick meal!
– A nice crusty bread is all you need to accompany this soup. Full of vegetables, potatoes and meat, it really is a meal in a bowl and doesn't need much else.
-If you would like even more vegetable variety other than the standards found in this recipe, try adding broccoli along with the other ingredients. Add some spinach or chopped tomato to the soup a few minutes before serving.