- Flat-cut corned beef brisket 500 grs
- Browning sauce 1/4 cup
- Mustard 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Black pepper 1 tsp
Corned beef is beef that has been first treated in brine and then boiled in vinegar over low heat. The pieces of meat used usually belong to cuts of what is called skirt. The origin of the name comes from the brine process in which salt grains are added that in English are called corn, in this way it can be literally translated as veal in grains.
The first reference of this dish dates back to 1701 and was very popular then for the sailors and fishermen who seem to feed on this dish during their long and heavy voyages, the composition of this dish was the Pökelfleisch (salted meat), potatoes, onions and Speck.
This is our delicious recipe and we want to share it with all of you, we like it with vegetables and French fries as an accompaniment, but you can choose your ingredients or prepare it alone.
- Preheat the oven to 200 F, at least about 20 minutes before introducing the meat.
- Crush the garlic and make a mixture of the garlic, pepper and salt.
- In a small bowl of mixture, beat the brown sugar, mustard and browning sauce.
- Crush the garlic and make a mixture of the garlic, pepper and salt. Rub the meat with this mixture. Then cover gently with a kitchen brush with the sauce prepared.
- On a roasting tray place the meat and bake it on low heat for about an hour. Cover with aluminum foil if you want the meat to be very juicy.
- Every 20 minutes check and add a layer of sauce with the brush and cover again. When the upper part of the meat is browned, remove from the oven and let cool.
- The cooking juices of the meat can be used to prepare a gravy sauce. Serves accompanied by lettuce and sauce
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 356 % Daily Value* Total Fat 23.8g 30% Saturated Fat 8.3g 42% Cholesterol 88mg 29% Sodium 1281mg 56% Total Carbohydrate 13.9g 5% Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6% Total Sugars 9.5g Protein 21.7g