Luxurious salted caramel coated in rich chocolate? Yes, please! These caramel fudge truffles will be a hit with anyone who tries one. Made with sugar, white chocolate, and butter, the caramel center is decadently sweet, a little creamy, and completely delicious, especially when coupled with the fudgy chocolate layer. The best part about these incredible melt-in-your-mouth caramel fudge truffles is that they're super easy to make. They're a perfect potluck or picnic treat that double up as an elegant homemade dessert you can gift to friends and family. However, these amazing caramel fudge truffles are so good, you may not want to share!
– Keep checking on the caramel as it's cooking. The exact cooking time might vary slightly depending on your microwave.
– Either dark chocolate or milk chocolate work as a coating for these tasty truffles. You can also do a mix of the two for an even better flavor!
– Try out different garnishes for your truffles. Instead of crushed nuts, try sprinkles, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, or drizzle them with a little extra caramel or chocolate.
Place leftover caramel fudge truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate. Enjoy them within 2 weeks.
Place butter, condensed milk, and brown sugar into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 3 minutes, making sure to remove the bowl to stir the mixture occasionally.
Stir the mixture well, then place the bowl back in the microwave and heat for 3 more minutes. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds.
After 3 minutes, stir in the white chocolate.
Stir until it has melted.
Continue stirring the mixture is smooth. Stir in the salt. Refrigerate the caramel for 3 to 4 hours, or until it becomes firm. Once set, remove the caramel from the fridge and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring periodically until smooth.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, spoon out some of the caramel and roll it between your palms to form a ball.
Coat the ball of caramel in the melted chocolate, then remove the chocolate-coated caramel with a fork or toothpick and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat.
To garnish, top the truffles with crushed nuts.
Let them chill, then serve.
– Use oven mitts when preparing the caramel in the microwave as the mixture will get quite hot during the cooking process.
– For best results, enjoy your salted caramel truffles within 5 days of making them.