- extra-lean ground beef 1 pound
- onion, diced 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Worcestershire Sauce 1 tsp
- Ketchup 1/4 cup
- cheddar cheese, shredded 1 cup
- bisquick baking mix 1/2 cup
- Whole Milk 1 cup
- Eggs 2 • 130 kcal
Cheeseburger pie is a super simple, ultra-delicious pie that tastes exactly like a cheeseburger, which makes it popular with kids. It features many of the same ingredients as an old-school cheeseburger: ground beef, onion, cheese, and ketchup, with a delicious Bisquick crust. It's incredibly easy to make. Just brown the meat, mix in the flavorings and cheese, pop it in a pie dish, and layer it with the Bisquick topping. The result is a phenomenal comforting dish your whole family will absolutely adore.
What is Cheeseburger Pie?
Cheeseburger pie is an exceptionally flavorful comfort dish with all the same flavors as a cheeseburger. It's virtually effortless to make and loved by kids, which is why it's a go-to recipe in many households.
How to Make the Best Cheeseburger Pie
If you want an alternative to classic cheeseburger, give this cheeseburger pie a chance, you won't regret. Cook the beef and onions, remove excess fat, then add in salt, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cheese, stirring to combine. Transfer the ground beef mixture into a greased pie dish. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir Bisquick, milk and eggs, then pour over the beef. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Tips for Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
– Don't overmix the Bisquick mixture.
– To make a gluten-free version, skip the ketchup and pick up gluten-free Bisquick mix for the topping.
– For a keto-friendly cheeseburger pie, leave out the ketchup and substitute the Bisquick for ¼ cup heavy cream mixed with 2 tablespoons of avocado mayo. Pour this mixture over the top of the beef, and bake according to the recipe.
– If you don't have any Bisquick on hand, combine ½ cup of pastry flour with ¾ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Beat in 1 cup of milk and 2 eggs, then pour over the beef mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
– There are plenty of mouthwatering variations of this easy cheeseburger pie recipe for you to try at home. Add in bacon, use chicken or pork instead of beef, or sneak in some vegetables.
What to Serve with the Best Cheeseburger Pie
Cheeseburger pie is a hearty dish, so you'll want to go for lighter sides when serving it. Fresh green salads, roasted vegetables like beans or carrots, steamed asparagus, or a small helping of potato wedges are all great sides for this dish.
How to Store Cheeseburger Pie
Wrap leftovers tightly with cling film and refrigerate. Enjoy your cheeseburger pie within 2 to 3 days.
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a pie dish with cooking spray.
Cook the beef and onions over medium heat until the meat has browned and the onions have softened. Remove excess fat.
Add in salt, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.
Add in cheese and stir to combine.
Put the ground beef mixture into the pie dish.
In a clean bowl, stir Bisquick and milk
Break and add in eggs.
Stir until just combined.
Then pour over the beef.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
You can make this easy cheeseburger pie ahead of time. Prepare the beef according to the recipe, then you can refrigerate it for 3 days before making the crust and baking it.