- Plain Yogurt 1 cup
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Cayenne 2 tsp
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Chicken breast 4
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove
- Jalapeno 1 (seeds removed)
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Chunky tomato sauce 8 ounces
- Heavy Cream 1 cup
Full of incredibly aromatic spices, this chicken is well worth the effort. Be sure to marinate the chicken in the yogurt sauce for at least an hour, if not overnight, to ensure that the chicken absorbs all of the rich flavors. Slow simmering the sauce will also bring out great flavors in this recipe! Because there is so much going on in the sauce and chicken marinade, pair this recipe with very simple side dishes like white rice or a warmed pita. There is no need for too many extra flavors that may take away from the chicken tikka.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, pepper, ginger and salt. Mix well to combine
- Place the chicken breast in the marinade and toss to coat. Refrigerated for at least an hour or overnight.
- In a medium sized sauté pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and jalapeno. Sauté for about a minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, heavy cream, cumin and paprika to the pan and turn the heat down to low. Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes or until thick.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the marinated chicken breasts for about 8- 10 minutes or until they are completely cooked.
- Serve the chicken breasts along with the sauce and enjoy while hot!
-This recipe is also perfect for chicken skewers. Simply cut the chicken into strips before marinating. Then, before grilling the chicken, thread the chicken strips onto bamboo skewers and marinate.
-If you prefer a creamier tomato sauce, skip the chunky variety and get a tomato sauce with less tomato pieces.