- Plain Yogurt 2 cups
- Cherries 1/2 cup
- Strawberries 1/2 cup
- Honey 4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder 1/8 cup
These ice lollies are not only refreshing on a hot summer day but they are also healthy! While store bought ice lollies can be loaded with preservatives and flavorings, you can be assured that these are free from all of these questionable ingredients. Made with yogurt and real fruit and just a touch of honey, this simple recipe will be something you want to make over and over. Feel free to adjust the amount of honey to make them a little sweeter or a little more tart. Different berries work great as well so be creative and make this delicious recipe all summer.
- Place one cup of yogurt, half a cup of strawberries and 2 tablespoons of honey in a blender.
- Blend until a smooth fruit puree is formed. If you want to get rid of the strawberry seeds, you can strain the puree now before moving on to the next step. If you choose to leave the seeds in (you won't taste them at all!), then continue to step 3.
- Pour the Strawberry puree into lollie molds, filling them only halfway. This recipe should make about 6 standard sized ice lollies but if you have extra, pour it into ramekins or drink it as a smoothie! Place the mold in the freezer and freeze for about 1 hour.
- In a clean blender, puree the cherries, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons honey and the cocoa powder.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and pour the chocolate cherry puree into the molds, filling them to the top. Place the sticks into the molds and return to the freezer for about 4-6 hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove the ice lollies from the mold when you are ready to eat or store them in the molds in the freezer for up to 1 month! Enjoy!
-If you have extra fruit puree, pour it into ramekins and when frozen, eat with a spoon like an Italian ice.
-Some other fruits that work great in this recipe are blueberries, raspberries, peaches and blackberries. If you do not have fresh fruit on hand, frozen fruit will be just fine!
-If you want just strawberry yogurt ice lollies or just chocolate cherry ice lollies, just make the portion of the recipe you would like to use and double it in order to fill the molds.