- Warm water ¼ cup
- Active Dry Yeast 1¼ teaspoons
- Flour 1½ cups
- Powdered white sugar 1½ tablespoons
- Salt ¼ teaspoon • 1 kcal
- Egg 1 large • 130 kcal
- Vanilla Extract 1½ teaspoons
- cold salted butter 3½ tablespoons
- Flour 1 tablespoon , for brown dough
- cold salted butter ½ tablespoon , for brown dough
- Powdered white sugar 1 tablespoon, for brown dough
- Cocoa powder ½ tablespoon, for brown dough
- A pinch cinnamon powder for brown dough
- Water 1 tablespoon, for brown dough
This is such a soft and delectable preparation that you will be surprised to see your own baking skills… that you were never aware of!
Such soft and delectable buns… that might take a little while to prepare but each minute is worth the effort. Just wait until you see a spread of freshly baked buns on your dining table… it is just something else
Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and keep aside. In a cup with warm water add active dried yeast and keep it aside for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, add the flour, powdered white sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and cold butter. Break open the egg carefully in to this large bowl. Add the soaked yeast, and slowly mix it all together using tips of the finger until everything comes together to form a dough.
Knead the dough until it is soft and then leave the dough covered for about an hour or until it doubles in volume. Punch down the dough on a lightly floured surface and then equally divide the dough in to palm sized balls and place them on the lined baking tray. Lightly cover the buns with a muslin cloth and let it rise for another 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in another bowl prepare the brown dough by mixing 1 tablespoon flour with cold butter, powdered white sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, and 1 tablespoon or less of water. Knead it all in to a nice and smooth dough. Now, divide this brown dough in to equal parts as the number of dough buns.
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Slightly pat each brown dough in to a thin disc and then place it over the risen buns. Use a knife to make lines over the chocolate discs as per your desire or something that will appear shells. Bake the buns in the preheated oven for about minutes or until it is fully cooked at the center. Enjoy hot buns!
– Lightly grease the dough with any vegetable oil on top when you leave the dough to double after covering it with either a cling film or a muslin cloth.
– Maintain the baking temperature and you might need to keep a watch on the buns in the final minutes of baking.
– Make sure that you carefully break open the egg and not put any shell in to the bowl.
Nutritional information (per serving): 210 Calories, 8.8g Total fat (5.2g Saturated fat, 0.6g Polyunsaturated fat, 2.3g Monounsaturated fat), 51.7mg Cholesterol, 164.5mg Sodium, 54.6mg Potassium, 27.5g Total carbohydrates (1g Dietary fiber, 3.4g Sugars), 4.9g Protein