- Desiccated coconut powder 100 gr
- Salted butter 2 tbsp, softened to room temperature
- Thick plain yogurt 2 tbsp
- Stevia 1 packet
- Salt a pinch • 1 kcal
- Eggs 3 large • 130 kcal
- Vanilla Extract 1 tbsp
- Coconut flour 1 1/2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Olive oil 1/2 tsp
- Agave nectar 1 tbsp
- Butter 1/2 tsp • 717 kcal
This recipe of coconut flour pancakes lands you directly in the lap of tropics heaven! The texture of these pancakes is so soft and perfect that you will not be able to differentiate between the coconut flour and regular flour pancakes until of course, you taste these.
So low on calories and so delicious… count your breakfast sorted if you are eating a low carb meal lately!
Nutritional information (per serving): 98 Calories, 6.3g Total fat (2.8g Saturated fat, 0.7g Polyunsaturated fat, 2.1g Monounsaturated fat), 119.1mg Cholesterol, 150mg Sodium, 57.6mg Potassium, 5.3g Total carbohydrates (1g Dietary fiber, 4g Sugars), 4.4g Protein
- Finely process the desiccated coconut powder for about 5 minutes or until it becomes lumpy or paste like and starts to leach out the coconut oil.
- Transfer the processed coconut powder in a bowl.
- Add the butter, plain yogurt, stevia, and salt to the bowl. Give everything a quick stir.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl carefully so that they do not have any bit of egg shells in it.
- Add the eggs to the coconut mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, coconut flour, and baking powder to the bowl and whisk the mixture carefully while moving your hand in one direction only until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan and add the olive oil to it.
- Spread the oil evenly throughout the pan.
- Now, pour a heaped ladleful of the pancake batter in the hot pan. Lower the flame and cook the pancake on both sides until golden brown in color.
- Repeat the process until all of the batter is consumed.
- Serve the pancakes hot with agave and butter. Enjoy!
Move your hand in one direction only while mixing the ingredients.
Make sure there are no egg shells present along with the broken whole eggs.
You may replace vanilla extract with vanilla essence a well in similar quantities.
You may add another egg if you prefer to eat thin pancakes instead of the ones with a little height.
Cook the pancakes on low flame and flip them over carefully as the pancakes will be very soft and may break very easily.
Flip only when the base of the pancake is golden brown in color and holds itself well.
Do not over mix the pancake batter.