If you love meatballs this "stringy" version with mozzarella if perfect!
Ingredients: Sauce: 7 cups crushed tomato(1.4 kg)⅓ cup onion, chopped(50 g)2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons dried basil1 teaspoon dried oregano½ teaspoon pepper½ teaspoon salt. Meatballs: 1 lb beef (455 g)1 lb mild sausage (455 g)1 cup breadcrumb (115 g)⅓ cup onion, chopped(50 g)¼ cup parmesan cheese(25 g)1 teaspoon onion powder1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon dried thyme1 teaspoon dried oregano½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon pepper2 eggs4 sticks mozzarella cheese, cut into 4-5 even pieces each½ cup whole milk½ cup parsley.
1) Cut the mozzarella into some cubes and put in the refrigerator while preparing the meat;
2) Mix all sauce ingredients in slow cooker and stir. Set to high and cover while making meatballs, or for 30 minutes;
3) Mix together all meatball ingredients except the mozzarella in a large bowl;
4) Make some balls with the meat mixture. Press mozzarella cube into the center and pull the edges of the meat ball around it until it’s a new ball again;
5) Place meatballs in slow cooker and cover in tomato sauce, cook for about 2 hours.
Serve with bread and enjoy!