- Heavy Cream 2 cups
- Blue food coloring 6 drops
- Vanilla Extract 3 tbsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 1/4 cups
- Oreo Cookies 20 chopped
If you have kids or if you just love cookie monster, then this ice cream is perfect for you! While the ice cream itself is simply vanilla, the super fun blue color and addition of Oreo cookies makes it perfect for any cookie monster fan. This ice cream recipe also does not require you to have an ice cream maker and also only takes about 15 minutes to put together. While this recipe uses oreos (to give a cookies and cream type flavor), feel free to substitute chocolate chip cookies or any type of cookie you'd like- whatever your inner cookie monster is craving!
In a mixer with a paddle attachment, whisk the heavy cream to soft peaks.
Add the vanilla and blue food coloring to the whipped cream and whisk together until soft peaks form.
Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
If needed, add more blue food coloring to reach your desired color.
Fold in the oreo pieces, again making sure not to stir too vigorously.
Transfer the ice cream base to a freezer safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours or until solid.
Scoop the ice cream onto cones or into bowls and enjoy!
Store the ice cream in the freezer for up to one month.
- Chocolate chip cookies work great with this recipe as well
- If you feel as though your ice cream did not harden enough, simply let the ice cream come back to room temperature and fold in more whipped cream. Freeze again
- Try adding almond extract rather than vanilla for an almond, cookie treat.