- Chicken breast 4
- Eggs 2, beaten • 130 kcal
- Cup Cornflakes 1
- Salt a pinch • 1 kcal
- Pepper a pinch
If you have ever wished that your chicken nuggets would have more of a crunch, then this is the perfect chicken recipe for you! These extra crunchy chicken nuggets are made by crushing and seasoning cornflakes and then using them in place of traditional breading to coat your chicken pieces. Season the cornflakes simply with salt and pepper, as listed in the recipe, or add some Italian seasoning or chili powder for some extra flavor. Try serving these nuggets with marinara or just eat them plain-they will taste great either way!
- Place the cornflakes in a small bowl and crush them into fine pieces using your hands or the bottom of a glass.
- Toss the salt and pepper into the bowl with the cornflakes and mix together. If you choose to use any additional seasonings, add them now
- Whisk the eggs and place them in a small bowl near the cornflakes to set up your dipping station.
- Cut your chicken breasts into small nuggets or strips, depending on your preference.
- Dip the nuggets into the egg followed by the cornflakes to coat them completely. Set on a foil lined sheet tray to bake
- Bake in a 350 ̊F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Enjoy!
-If you would rather have a full chicken breast instead of nuggets, simply skip the step when your slice the chicken and dip the entire breast into the eggs and cornflakes.
-Add some hot sauce to the egg mixture for a spicy version of these nuggets.
-These freeze well! After baking, store in an airtight container and freeze. Microwave for about 1 minute when you are ready to eat them