Why to use a simple plate when you can make it using mashed potatoes?
Ingredients: 800g boiled potatoes; 1 egg; 80g Parmesan cheese; 20g butter; pepper; salt. Filling: 200g mushrooms; mozzarella cheese; Parmesan cheese.
1) Boil the potatoes, mash them and then add the egg, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese to them.
2) Use a muffin pan to make the baskets. If you don’t have a muffin pan, use some parchment paper instead. With the potato mixture, make a circle then make two rings (one on top of the other) on top of the circle to make the sides of the basket.
3) Bake the baskets at 190°C for 15 minutes. Wait until they have cooled a bit before filling them with mozzarella cheese, sautéed mushrooms and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
4) Bake them for an additional 8 minutes and serve hot!
You can prepare many and many recipes using potatoes, try this too: Volcano potatoes
Ingredients: 3-4 baked potatoes; 3-4 bacon strips; 1 tbsp butter; chopped ham; shredded cheese; BBQ sauce.
1) Preheat your oven to 190C/375F.
2) Cut the bottom and the top of baked potato. Scoop the insides leaving the bottom untouched.
3) Mash scooped potatoes with some butter, salt and pepper.
4) Cover each potato with bacon (you might need more that 3-4 bacon strips, depends on how wide they are), secure bacon with toothpicks.
5) Fill each potato with mashed pulp, ham and top with half of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
6) Remove volcano potatoes from the oven, brush with BBQ sauce, add more cheese on top and leave to bake for 5 minutes more.