- Flour 2 cups
- Powdered white sugar 1 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Eggs 3 large + 1 small • 130 kcal
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsps
- Sweetened dried cranberries 3/4 cup
- Pistachios 3/4 cup, shelled and coarsely chopped
One thing I am certain about, you just would not be able to keep your hands off the cookie jar you’d put these addictive snack in to! This baking masterpiece requires no exclusive cooking skills and tastes just like the ones sold at the fancy bakeries in your town.
Cranberries give this preparation nice tart and the chewy berries add a lovely dimension to this twice baked cookie recipe. Crisp biscotti and the crunchy nut bits are such a delight to enjoy with a tall glass of fresh fruit juice (my son’s version), piping hot cup of tea or the forever favorite coffee!!
In short, just lay a quick dough over the baking tray, slice the baked loaf, bake again and munch on some crisp goodness! Easy, isn’t it? Do share with us your experience… we’ll be waiting.
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a baking tray by lining it with an aluminum sheet and brush the foil lightly with any vegetable oil.
• In a dry bowl, add the flour, powdered white sugar, baking powder, salt and mix it until well combined.
• In another bowl, whisk the eggs with vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is light and frothy in consistency.
• Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and give it a nice whisk until no lumps are present.
• Stir in the cranberries, pistachios to the batter and then transfer the dough on to the prepared baking tray in the form of a log.
• With the given quantity of the ingredients, you will get two logs that can be spread over two far ends of the baking tray.
• Brush beaten egg over the top of cake batter logs, and transfer the baking tray to the preheated oven.
• Bake the logs for about 20 minutes or until the logs are completely baked at the center.
• Completely cool the baked logs and reduce the oven heat to 140 degrees C.
• Carefully slice the cake logs with a sharp knife to get thin cake slices of about ½ a centimeter thickness.
• Arrange the sliced biscotti in a single layer over the lined baking tray and bake again for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the biscotti get a nice light golden brown color on top and turns crisp.
• Serve and enjoy!
• You may also use an electric blender to blend the ingredients instead of using a ladle or a spatula.
• Move your hand or gadget blade in one direction only while mixing the ingredients.
• Make sure there are no egg shells present along with the broken whole eggs.
• Do not over mix the batter.
Nutritional information (per serving): 154 Calories, 3.9g Total fat (0.7g Saturated fat, 1.2g Polyunsaturated fat, 1.8g Monounsaturated fat), 43.5mg Cholesterol, 68.8mg Sodium, 97.6mg Potassium, 25.9g Total carbohydrates (1.3g Dietary fiber, 11.6g Sugars), 4.3g Protein