- Spaghetti 1 pound
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- sweet onion 1, finely diced
- Bacon 5 strips, diced
- Garlic 6 cloves, minced
- shredded cooked chicken 4 cups
- heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- freshly grated Parmesan 1 1/2 cups
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Egg yolks 8 large
- Dried oregano 1 teaspoon
- Fresh basil leaves 1/4 cup, chopped
- fresh Italian parsley leaves 1/4 cup, chopped
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
This chicken carbonara recipe is a spinoff spaghetti carbonara with the addition of chicken, creating a complete meal full of carbs and protein. This chicken carbonara recipe is a creamy indulgent dish that is easy and quick to cook; making it perfect for last minute meals any day of the week. You can make this dish with any kind of pasta you prefer depending on what you have on hand.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the egg yolks, cream, parmesan, lemon zest, oregano, basil, and parsley. Set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the bacon once hot and cook until crispy. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the onion is translucent. Add the cooked chicken to the pan and toss until coated and heated through.
- Reduce your heat to medium-low and add the drained spaghetti to the pan and toss to coat in the onion and bacon mixture. Pour the mixed sauce into the pasta and toss until evenly coated. Toss for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste if needed. If the sauce is too thick, add another ¼ cup of cream to thin it out. Garnish with parmesan and parsley to serve.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat the pasta, toss in a heated skillet until warmed through.Substitute light cream or half n half to reduce calories.Add spinach or broccoli for some greens.